For Returning Authors: Two Options for Opting In
If you signed up last year, and want to join us again, we ask, we encourage, no, we ENTREAT you to choose Option A or at least give it a try. Option B requires manual data entry on our part and there's only two of us who handle this on a part-time volunteer basis (along with everything else to do with the website, administration, and queries). This is a once-a-year effort for you of maybe 2 minutes. There are hundreds of you. 2 minutes multiplied by hundreds of authors add up to a lot of hours for us. Thank you for your cooperation.
Option A: Four clicks and SAVE
Please read through these steps first. Then if you'd like printable instructions (with screenshots!) they're at the bottom of this column.
1) First, LOG IN. You can do this from the User Login box on the right sidebar. You may need to scroll up a bit to see this.
Easiest way to tell whether you've successfully logged in? You'll see two menu bars instead of one. Red and orange.
2) Then scroll all the way up to the upper-right corner of the screen, above the red banner, where you will see 3 links: My account | Log out | Messages.
3) Click on the MY ACCOUNT link
You will see your Account page, with two options: VIEW and EDIT.
4) Click on EDIT.
You will see two tabs: Account and another one labelled Author
5) Click on the AUTHOR tab
Scroll down to ‘I will participate in AFI 2017’
6) Tick the box beside it
OK, that's kind of like a 'click'. And please review your Author Travel status in case it’s different this year
7) Press SAVE
You're done. Return to the HOME page, or click on Participating Authors on the orange menu bar to see that you're there, explore, or log out (using the link at the top right corner).
Want printable instructions?
- Click here to download step-by-step instructions for opting in.
- If you've forgotten your login password, click here to download step-by-step instructions for setting a new password.
- Click here to download the complete User Guide.
Option B: Email
We can opt-in for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us you'd like to Opt In. Include your full name and province (we have a couple of authors with the same name).
Your name goes on the Participating Authors list once we enter it for you.